Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My response to Jeannie - Calling her out on her bullshit and demanding payment

From: ME <u.boisestate.edu> Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM
To: "Burrill, Jeannie" <Jeannie.Burrill@safeco.com>

Jeannie-

On October 12, 2010 the secondary liens on my motorcycle will be released by Ada County Indigent Services, at which point the check for the damages can be released. Furthermore, I am confused about the payment amount $2693.44 that you quoted earlier in an email. I have a copy of the repair estimate done by [REDACTED] on July 30,  2010 as well as the itemized parts list. As far as I understand the correct breakdown is: $2465.44 (parts) + $15.00 (supplies) + $147.93 (sales tax on parts) + $593.40 (8.6 hours of labor at $69/hr). This comes to a total of $3,221.77.

I spoke to my lawyer last night who advised me to demand the full estimate amount of $3,221.77 since this is what it will cost to repair my bike back to the condition it was in before the accident. I also called my insurance company (Geico) and spoke with the claims department. She advised me to call other motorcycle shops to get additional quotes on hourly labor rates. She explained that as long as Carl's rates are similar to the typical rates in the area, I should be expecting payment for the full estimate amount, not at a reduced labor rate. Here is the list of the motorcycle shops in my area, with certified mechanics and their hourly labor rates:
  • Snake River Yamaha (208) 888-6565 $65/hr
  • Grizzly Sports (208) 454-8508 $65/hr
  • Big Twin (208) 336-0367 $69/hr
  • Yamaha Sports Ctr (208) 375-1888 $68/hr
  • Pro Power Performance Inc (208) 685-0185 $70/hr
  • Moto Tech (208) 376-8324 $68/hr
  • Canyon Honda Motorcycles (208) 468-0775 $68/hr

Furthermore she explained that under no circumstances should I be expected to "...provide another bike shop estimate..." as you requested in a previous email. I am not responsible for the damage to my motorcycle, nor should I be expected to pay for any services related to the accident. She also clarified that the payment should be made out as a two party check to either the bike shop of my choice and myself or to HSBC and myself- whichever I prefer.

In addition, I spoke with a representative of HSBC earlier today to clarify their position in the matter. She not only confirmed but advised me to request the full estimate amount be made out to HSBC and myself. This will not only secure payment for damages, but allow me to make repairs at a time that is convenient for me. As I explained to you previously, I am away from Idaho currently and will be absent for an indefinite period of time. Therefore I am formerly requesting payment in the full amount of $3,221.77 be issued to HSBC and myself. My current address is [REDACTED] Granville, Oh 43023. I will have documentation of the secondary lien release shortly after October 12th which I will provide to you as soon as possible so that you can go ahead with payment.

Thank you,

-ME

2 comments:

  1. I am not responsible for the damage to my motorcycle, nor should I be expected to pay for any services related to the accident.
    cheap car insurance in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you we are not responsible for this. You will find miles of white sandy beaches at Holkham and Cromer, with beautiful campsites a plenty for your motorhome, some situated right on the beach. Buckinghamshire campervan hire

    ReplyDelete